Emperors Palace, Convention Centre Johannesburg Telephone: 011 325 2485 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.mogorosicommunications.co.za
While natural gas is often the energy source for residential, commercial and industrial process, many public transport and truck fleets around the world have started using compressed natural gas as an alternative to fuel. As fuel and diesel prices increase, the need for less expensive and a cleaner alternative fuel becomes even more important.
Compressed natural gas is economical and promotes diversification in the South African energy mix. South Africa also has a number of bus fleet and taxis running on compressed natural gas.
Existing gasoline or diesel vehicles may be converted to run on CNG or bio-fuel operating with both. Here in South Africa this industry is not yet fully developed in terms of infrastructure and policy, however it is proving to be viable alternative especially for public transport, buses and trucks.
Fuel switching is a proven strategy for reducing fuel costs. When undertaken with this mind, fuel switching involves converting from a high emissions energy carrier such as petrol or diesel to an energy carrier with lower emissions such as CNG
The conference will examine the state of natural gas vehicle technology, current market status, implications/ challenges regarding advancements in natural gas vehicle technologies. Also, table research and development efforts and opportunities for greater market penetration.
- To discuss compressed natural gas as an alternative to traditional fuel
- To examine research and development efforts in NGV technology
- To present opportunities for greater market penetrations
Benefits of Attending
Hear how NGVs can reduce fuel costs and reduce vehicle emissions
- Learn about the NGV market in South Africa
- Hear from users with experience of NGV vehicles
- Be informed about the development of NGVs in SA
- Discuss practical steps including vehicles
Who should attend?
This conference will be of interest to all those with a role or interest in the energy and/or transport sectors, both in locally and internationally.It will appeal to:
- Energy and transport policy-makers and regulators
- Transport planners
- Public transport operators
- Fleet operators
- Energy managers
- Consultants and advisors in the energy and transport sectors
- Fuel suppliers
Call 011 325 2485 and Ask for Christopher,
or view our brochure click here → Natural Gas Vehicles